ALL Chemicals can be potentially harmful or dangerous when used/transported/stored incorrectly. Please read the safety tips below carefully BEFORE you use any of the chemicals purchased from us!
· KNOW the chemical – read any labels and warnings supplied. More information is readily available from the internet: search for MSDS [Chemical Name] to see the materialsafety data sheet of any substance e.g. MSDS sodium chloride.
· STORE chemicals in a safe place where children or animals cannot reach them. Chemicals should be stored in a cool and dry environment. Do not store chemicals for extended periods as most chemicals have a limited shelf life.
· USE chemicals only in a clean environment with sufficient airflow available. Always be aware of possible sources of ignition e.g. naked flames/sparks and flammable materials.
· WASH your hands before and after handling any chemicals but especially if any substance came into contact with your hands. Do not eat or drink while working with chemicals.
· ENSURE that containers are labelled correctly at all times. If you are unsure about the identity of a substance, always dispose of it immediately.
· NEVER mix chemicals together unless called for by an experimental method from a reputable source.
· SAFETY equipment such as protective gloves, eyewear, clothing and fire extinguishers should be readily available and used whenever necessary. Proper means to clean up a spill should also be available.
· ALWAYS ensure that another person is close by in case of an emergency. Emergency phone numbers and first aid kits should be readily available at all times.
· DISPOSE of chemicals in a safe and environmentally responsible way. Always be aware of expiry dates and any signs of leakage or damage.
GENERAL FIRST AID
· In case of eye contact: Flush eyes with water for 15 minutes. Hold eyelids open while washing. Get immediate medical attention.
· If swallowed: Drink two to four cups of milk or water. Do not induce vomiting. Get immediate medical attention.
· In case of skin contact and burns: Wash affected area with plenty of water for 5 minutes.
· In case of inhalation: Remove person to fresh air.
· In case of doubt, seek medical advice without delay. Take chemical container with you.
DISCLAIMER: ALL CHEMICALS SOLD BY US ARE TO BE USED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. AS THESE PRODUCTS ARE USED/TRANSPORTED/STORED BEYOND OUR CONTROL OR INSTRUCTION, NO CLAIM AS A RESULT OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY WILL BE CONSIDERED.